Sunday, September 20, 2009

Teaching kids to study for exams using mindmaps

I've started a new class for 15 boys-very bright guys - who need some motivating. They were enthusiastic and eager to start the new Senior Victory program (organized by SINDA). At the end of that first lesson, I gathered a couple of guys and taught them how to mind map chapters of their text book.

These guys seem to be more Kinestatic and Visual..perfect candidates for mind mapping.

I was so so glad that they showed interest. It was almost like an 'AHA!' moment for them when they realized that Mind Maps could be used in organizing their study notes and could even help them be more efficient and effective in their studies.

We mind mapped a couple of pages and they were hooked.

"You should have started your class a few months before," one of the kids commented. His exams were only 2 weeks away. But I urged him to mindmap a few chapters anyway before the exams.

I'm sure they'll show positive results.

2 comments:

  1. Great mindmap! Are you from Singapore? (SINDA?). I am just setting up a blog as well (working on it - and I was checking around) and found your mindmap very ineresting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. sorry for the late reply.. Went to your blog and thanks for putting up my mindmap.. Yes I'm from Singapore..

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive